Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Whew…I made it!!!

I have to be honest, going into College Composition II for the Health Care Professionals I was pretty intimidated. I thought the class would be inundated with reading and writing assignments and I really wasn’t sure how I would possibly fit it into my already crazy schedule. Then when I learned we were going to write scientific papers…I nearly lost “it”. I started to panic and couldn’t really think straight. I began to think about my other class and what my responsibilities were there, my familial obligations and my anticipated travel for work – needles-to-say it was a lot all at once. I’m a perfectionist in recovery so the thought of getting anything less than an “A” in a class was still daunting to me. However, once we started working on the paper week by week as a class I was so encouraged. Each week I was getting tips and advice on areas I struggled with and it made all the difference for me. It was also encouraging to hear that students had similar struggles and were willing to offer me advice.

All-in-all I’m glad I made I through (will not completely – last day is 4/13). The skills I’ve learned from this class will stay with me throughout my career, I’m sure.

No comments: