Tuesday, March 9, 2010

How school has influenced my life

With the start of term 4 my life has become busier than in previous terms. In this term my family joined a new church where we participate in Sunday worship weekly and Tuesday night bible study weekly, my daughter has played basketball, volleyball and is just now starting track and my oldest son is just beginning baseball. I, of course, play “taxi” for all of these events and I’m happy to do so but school is helping me to better organize my time. Before I started school I used to have somewhat of a schedule but I didn’t have to “stick” to it too much because I always had wiggle-room…not anymore. Being in school has taught me to make and keep appointments (with my homework) as well as making and keeping other appointments, whether it be doctor, or other services. I often write things down on a calendar instead of leaving it to my usually faulty memory and this is a direct influence from school.

I also attribute my scrutinizing of my kids work ethic to my being in school. I’ve learned (for the 2nd and 3rd time) that procrastination only hurts me in the end. I am now able to demonstrate proper use of time to my kids so that they can see it’s very possible and only requires discipline.

I can’t wait until I’m done with school but so far the experience of being in school has changed my life.

No comments: